A Step-by-Step Guide to Your New Custom Romanelli & Hughes Home
Meet with new home consultant and in-house residential designers
- Choose desired R&H lot in one of our neighborhoods or your own purchased lot.
- Reserve your RH neighborhood lot with a deposit.
- Discuss the potential design of your new home with a New Custom Home Consultant and our in-house Residential Designers.
Evolution of your custom home design
- The initial custom design process can last anywhere from 3-6 weeks to 3-4 months—depending on your schedule and details and alterations made to the plan.
- During this time, you will also be working with your New Home Consultant to determine the price of your home.
Upon completion of the design of your home, you will approve and sign the proposed plans and contract. Once the plans are signed off, we will then begin to engineer your home and submit for all necessary permits. You will need to finalize financing so you can lock in interest rates. You will receive a list of appointments to select materials and finishes for your home.
- Pre-Dig meeting with your New Home Consultant and Site Supervisor. This includes a review of the complete drawing set of your home so the lot can be staked and prepped to begin construction.
- Subcontractors meeting to select your windows, doors, cabinets, etc.
- Design Selections meeting with our New Home Selections Coordinators to choose interior and exterior finishes and colors. They will demonstrate Builder Trend software that will allow you to log-in and approve selections on-line.
- Permitting and Engineering your home takes roughly 6 weeks (depending on the community).
- Construction begins 5 to 7 days after we receive the permits.
- Depending on the size, amount of detail, and weather conditions, you can expect to have your home built within 7 to 12 months of being staked.
- You and your R&H Site Supervisor will conduct a final walk-through and you will receive the keys to your new custom home.
- You will receive an RH Homeowner Notebook with a list of utility companies in order to transfer all utilities to your name. Also included are all the manufacturer information and warranty packets.