10 Things to Ask a Potential Custom Home Builder
If you’re thinking about building a new home, finding the right home builder is an important part of the process. Researching home builders online can only get you so far. Building a house is a substantial investment and you need to feel secure with your choice. So, what are the right questions? According to The National Association of Home Builders, “You should feel comfortable asking a potential home builder every question that you think is important.” To narrow it down, here are a few questions that could help you get started:
- What distinguishes them from other home builders in the area?
- Can floorplans be customized?
- What are your standard features and finishes? Can they be customized?
- Are there any additional fees relating to the home or development?
- What are the homeowners’ association rules and restrictions?
- Does the builder offer a warranty program?
- Is landscaping included in the cost?
- When can you expect to communicate with home builder during the build process?
- Are there any short-term or long-term development plans in the area?
- Can the home builder provide references from recent buyers?
In addition to asking the right questions, take the opportunity to visit home builder open houses and model homes. Examine the quality of materials and the workmanship within the homes. These are key indicators of the quality you can expect to be in your own custom home.
For the best quality custom home in Central Ohio, Romanelli & Hughes is second to none. We have been building luxury, custom homes in Central Ohio for nearly 50 years. Get your questions answered and visit one of our model homes to see our workmanship for yourself.
We have also built a talented team of designers, architects, and energy-efficiency experts. All of this expertise under one roof gives our customers value and convenience. Romanelli and Hughes can help you design your dream home with stunning design and architectural elements, as well as incorporating the latest energy-saving features. We’ll work with your plans, or create a plan from scratch for you.
The National Association of Homebuilders., https://www.nahb.org/en/consumers/home-buying/questions-to-ask-your-homebuilder.aspx., Accessed 23 Apr. 2018.