Design Consultation with New Home Consultant (NHC)
- Choose desired R&H site and neighborhood or on your lot.
- Reserve your lot with a refundable deposit.
- Discuss the potential design of your home with New Home Coordinator and our In-House Architects.
Evolution of your home design
- The initial design process can last anywhere from 3-6 weeks to 3-4 months, depending on your schedule and the amount of details and alterations made to the plan.
- We try to complete the first draft within 14 days of meeting, and each revision with 5-7 days.
- After the floor plans are finalized we begin developing the basement and elevation plans.
- During this time you will also be working with your New Home Coordinator on the price of your home.
- Upon completion of the design of your home, you will sign off on the proposed plans and contract.
- Once the plans are signed off, we will then begin to engineer your home and submit for all necessary permits.
- It is also encouraged to have a verbal approval on your construction loan at the time of contract, as you have 10 days after contract to obtain your final loan approval for your Construction Loan.
- Over the next few weeks R&H will engineer your new home. During this time you will need to finalize financing and lock in interest rates.
- At contract you will receive a list of appointments to confirm 2-3 weeks from contract.
- Once your home is engineered and permitted you will have a Pre-Dig meeting with a NHC and Site Supervisor. This includes a review of the complete drawing set of your home so your lot can be staked and prepped to begin construction.
- You will meet with subcontractors for your windows, doors, cabinets, etc., selections.
- You will also meet with the R&H Design Coordinators who will demonstrate our Builder Trend Software. You will receive your Homeowner Notebook which is your building guide with R&H; your notebook contains important information regarding your next steps in the building process. 2-3 additional appointments will be needed to complete your selections.
- Permitting and Engineering your home takes roughly 6 weeks (depending on the community).
- The foundation is typically dug within 5 days of receiving your approved permits, assuming you have successfully closed on the lot.
- Depending on the size, amount of detail, and weather conditions, you can expect to have your home built within 6-10 months of being staked. You will have an estimate before contract.
- Closing will occur within 30-40 days after the date of your contract.
- You will be given keys at the final walk-through with your R&H Site Supervisor assuming we have received a Final Occupancy Permit.
- At this time you will also receive a folder with all of the warranty and manufacturer information packets. This folder includes the contact information for the sub-contractors who participated in the construction of your home, as well as a list of utility companies in order to transfer all utilities to your name.